Proper waxing enhances the hardness and glossiness of the surface. If you wax the floor properly, it will also create resistance against slips, scuff marks, and minor scratches.
To do the job comfortably, we need the best mop and wax accordingly to the floor type. All the available best mop to apply floor polish in the market are not qualified to perform waxing. If you select the wrong mop head, you don’t get your desired results. On the other hand, the quality mop can perform heavy-duty and drive away from the dirt and bacteria.
We review the top 10 best mop head for waxing floors. We hope that you will get a suitable solution to keep the glossy shine of your favorite floors.
“The Nifty House earns a commission from the links below at no additional cost to you.”
In A Hurry? Here Is Our Top 3 Mop Head For Waxing Floors
Top 10 Best Mop Head For Waxing Floors Expert Reviews
We regularly apply the wax once or twice annually to protect a wooden, hardwood, tile, or linoleum floor.
You know how important to select the right waxing mop heads. To reduce your workload, here is our top 10 picks. After long research and testing, we make this handpick list.
Top 10 Best Steam Cleaner For Mattress [Expert Reviews & Buying Guide 2023]
1. AmazonBasics Loop-End Mop Head
- 6-pack of large loop-end synthetic mop heads; 1.25-inch headband; suitable for commercial and industrial applications
- Made with cotton and synthetic blend for optimal strength and absorbency
- coverage and improve cleaning efficiency1.25" headband. Suggest to use with AmazonBasics
- Looped ends and yarn tailband for greater coverage and enhanced cleaning efficiency
- Recommended for use with the Amazon Basics Quick Change Mop Handle
AmazonBasics Loop-End Mop Head Review
If you are looking for a durable mop head with a large end-loop, AmazonBasics Loop-End Mop Head can be your right choice. These 6-pack mop head packs are built-in commercial grade that ensures additional sturdiness and absorbency.
This model is also suitable for general-purpose and heavy-duty use 1.25 inches headband allows you to wax comfortably in narrow spaces. You can easily and quickly change the headband that lets you do your job effortlessly.
It is made with cotton and synthetic blend so that it will dry up quickly. Lastly, I can tell you that AmazonBasics Loop-End Mop Head is ideal for applying wax on most surfaces.
What I Like Most
- Suitable for all-purpose and heavy-duty house cleaning
- Ideal for industrial applications
- Cotton and synthetic blend
- Highly absorbent
- Expensive; but worthy
2. Rubbermaid Mop Head Washable
- Constructed of up to 65 Percent post industrial recycled cotton content and up to 35 Percent PET recycled plastic
- Looped ends reduce fraying associated with cut end mops
- Launderable up to 50 times for long life
- Suitable for commercial and industrial applications
- Measures 2 to 7/8 inches x 20 to 3/4 inches x 6 to 1/2 inches
Rubbermaid Mop Head Review
Washable Rubbermaid mop heads are made with 35% recycled plastic and 65% recycled cotton. Thus, it is an excellent option if you are searching for a model for light-duty applications. You can use it for all-purpose cleaning tasks such as dirt or dust cleaning, damp mopping, waxing, etc. It can successfully produce impressive cleaning every time you use it.
It is ideal for industrial and commercial uses, too. Most importantly, you can wash up the Rubbermaid mop head up to 50 times. That’s, saves a lot of money, you know!
Rubbermaid Mop Head is capable of giving you the results you desire. So, you can use it to apply the wax to a large or small area without any confusion.
What I Like Most
- Cleaning up most messes on hard surface floors
- It is suitable for side-loading, and clamp-style mop handles
- Looped ends effectively reducing fraying
- The blend weighs only 24 ounces
- Impressive cleaning power
- Durable and sturdy handle
- Easy to maneuver
- Tangled without a weft stitch at the end
3. O-Cedar Looped-End Mop Refill
- Made from super absorbent natural cotton blend yarn
- Double looped-end construction keep mop ends from fraying
- Mop head fastens securely and easily to handle
- Great for mopping any hard surface
- Large mop head covers more surface area for faster cleaning
O-Cedar Looped-End Mop Refill Review
It comes with a double-looped-end design. It reduces unwanted fray and makes it the best mop head for waxing in both commercial and home spaces. A highly absorbent cotton blend successfully lifts dirt and lets you clean large surfaces effortlessly.
You can use it eliminating for stubborn sports—just put some pressure onto it to scrub. This versatile mop head can be used on a hard surface, too. You will really feel comfortable using it for heavy-duty as it has only a 24-ounce weight.
O-Cedar Looped-End Mop Refill is an excellent choice for cleaning homes and applying wax on various floors.
What I Like Most
- Durable head with absorbent cotton blend yarns
- It provides excellent dust retention
- 24-ounce head for covering a large area
- Great for heavy-duty cleaning
- Easy to use and lightweight
- Built to be long-lasting
- Easy assembly
- Tends to leave excess water on the floor
- A bit expensive
4. E-Cloth Deep Clean Mop Head
- The E-Cloth Deep Clean Mop Head strips grease, grime, dirt, and over 99% of bacteria from all types of hard flooring. Wood, tile, or laminate, it cleans and protects your investment — with just water
- The thick pad goes to work with the power of masses of microfibers. Quick-grip hook-and-loop fasteners makes it easy to attach and remove from the E-Cloth Deep Clean Mop. When you're done, just toss the mop head in the laundry to refresh
- Deep cleans with the power of precision-engineered microscopic fibers activated by the cleaning power of water. No need to add additional cleaners — or worry about crawling kiddos and curious pets
- Unlike single-use, throw-away refills, our reusable mop head is made to last — and guaranteed to perform for 100 washes or 1 year
- Dampen with water. Leave only water behind. So much simpler, swifter, and savvier, it's hard not to share the news. (Friends might occasionally enjoy other topics)
E-Cloth Deep Clean Mop Head Review
Are you want to clean your floor with just water without a chemical or mop bucket? Have a look over the E-cloth microfiber mop head features. You can successfully clean your floors with its help of it.
It effectively removes 99% of bacteria, dirt, and grease from all types of floors. This high-performance microfiber mop head is washable. You can easily remove the mop head and attached it with Velcro. It is also one of the best mop head for waxing floors.
What I Like Most
- Suitable for all flooring, even for wood and laminated floors
- Comes with an adjustable mop handle
- No need to use mop buckets
- Removes 99% of bacteria
- Washable mop head
- Struggle to remove heavy dirt or grease
5. AmazonBasics Loop-End Rayon Mop Head
- Mop head helps apply floor finish smoothly and evenly with no lint
- Includes a medium, 4-ply, loop-end rayon finish mop head made with synthetic blend
- Looped ends and tailband reduce tangling and fraying for better performance and longer product life
- Absorbent and high level of release for efficient performance
- Suitable for floor finish applications in commercial and industrial environments
Rayon Mop Head Review
AmazoneBasics produce some good quality mop head for waxing floors. All give you an exclusive experience thoroughly. This Rayon Mop Head is also capable of giving you a quick and fast high-performance.
Synthetic blend provides smooth results. Besides, the Loop-End design prevents tangles. Thus, you can successfully cover the maximum surface. The 5-inch mop headband gives a solid grip —as it easily fits with a jaw-style handle.
What I Like Most
- 5-inch mop headband for a solid grip
- Covers the maximum surface
- Highly durable
- Not many effective mop heads for waxing floors
- Take time for drying
6. iDOO Washable and Reusable Microfiber Mop Heads
- Package includes 3 sets of pads (2 Waxing Pads, 4 Mopping&Cleaning Pads).
- Extra pads enable users to replace a clean set when the old pads get dirty or worn out.
- The mop pads are machine washable and reusable, suitable for wooden floors, ceramic tile, laminate floors, marble floors and other sealed hard floors.
- This microfiber mop cloth with large size has strong water absorption and fast dry properties, locking in the moisture and dirt.
- This mop pads with magic velcro, are easy to stick on the mop.
7. KLEEN Heavy Duty Commercial Mop Head
- KLEEN HANDLER HEAVY DUTY Commercial Universal Headband Blend Mop, Blue, Pack of 6
- DURABILITY & PURPOSE: For scratch free, wet and dry mopping; Safe to use on all hard surfaces
- DESIGNED FOR FUNCTION: Looped end mop reduces fraying and virtually eliminates lint and untwisting; launderable up to 100 times!
- UNIVERSAL FIT: Universal headband fits clamp-style and side loading handles (sold separately)
- USED FOR VARIOUS ENVIRONMENTS: Designed for floor applications in commercial, industrial, and residential use
8. Nine Forty USA Floor Cleaning Wet Mop Head Refill
9. BLACK+DECKER Waxer/Polisher
- Random-Orbit Action Assures A Uniform Finish - Fast For The Car Polisher
- Comfortable Two-Handle Design Of The Variable Speed Polisher Reduces Fatigue
- 10 Ft. Cord For Great Mobility
- Includes Foam Applicator For Easily Applying Wax Or Polish
- Runs on random orbit at 4,400 orbits per minute for a swirl-free finish
10. vmai Powerful Cleaner and Waxing
- 💧SIMPLE OPERATION, EASY TO CLEAN - Cordless electric mop enables you to clean the entire house without the cord-length limitation. Super lightweight-only 6.9 lbs, Motor-driven design reduces your effort to operate, so you can mop around the house by a single hand or take the cordless mop up and downstairs freely. Floor scrubber for tile and wood keep your kitchen, living room and dining room spotless.
- 💧POWERFUL CLEAN, LED HEADLIGHT- Hardwood floor cleaner machine with high-powered dual-spin motors clean at 250r/mins to remove dirt from your floor. With LED headlight, it is easier for you to find spot stains with a closer look under the corner of furniture. Vmai cordless electric mop can work on different kinds of floor surface include vinyl, tile, hard floor, wood floor, marble, etc. 4 reusable microfiber cleaning pads are included in the package.
- 💧ONE BUTTON WATER SPRAY- The hard floor mop has a 300ml built-in water tank. Use the included measuring cup to fill up the water tank with clean water for wet mopping, or fill the water tank on your spray mop with floor wax if you want to polish/wax the wooden floor. Simply press the “spray” button on the electric mop’s handle so that you can apply the solution quickly and easily.
- 💧FLEXIBLE AND FREE-STANDING DESIGN - The electric mop is free-standing design, which is convenient for storing the mop; therefore, you will not sacrifice any of your needed space. The adjustable handle allows anyone to comfortably use the electric mop with ease. The joint on the mop base allows the handle to rotate from 60 degrees for standing and facilitating mopping, so it is easier for you to clean underneath furniture.
- 💧DETACHABLE BATTERY & LIFE TIME SUPPORT WARRANTY - You can charge the battery separately. Run time is upgraded double and your electric mop can be rejuvenated after years just by changing a battery. The long-lasting battery can help you clean your entire home for more than 35 mins by dry mopping and 20 mins by wet mopping. For any problem, please contact us via Amazon; then, we will solve all of your problems in 24 hrs
Buying Guide —Best Mop Head For Waxing Floors
Manufacturing companies make their product differently to reach a huge consumer with the latest inventions. Here I will discuss the best combination that is easily maintainable and effectively applies wax on various floors. This guide will help you to find out the Best Mop Head For Waxing Floors.
1. What Are The Different Mop Head Materials?
1. Rayon — Rayon has a similar texture to nylon. It is made with semi-synthetic fiber and is perfect for applying disinfectants and floor finishes. It can successfully resist mildew, dries fast, and provides good absorption for applying wax.
2. Microfiber — This type of mop head offers highly absorbent and good cleaning power. It is also quickly spreading waxing solutions on a floor. Microfiber mop heads are built using fine synthetic fibers.
It is expensive considering other types but also lasts longer times. You can wash it several times. Microfibers heads are proven for general-purpose cleaning.
3. Synthetic — If you are looking for a mop head to clean and disinfect a place, this type comes in handy. You can use bleach synthetic without damage. Synthetic mop heads are ideal for healthcare facilities.
4. Cotton — Cotton mop heads deteriorate quickly. It tends to mildew as they dry slowly. These affordable and highly absorbent mop heads are the right choices for light-duty cleaning. It is good for applying wax.
5. Blend — It is made with a mixture of synthetic and cotton fibers. Perfect for disinfecting and regular cleaning surfaces.
2. Headband Styles
There are mainly three types of headbands available in the market. You can select between them. Headband styles determine how the head is attached to the mop handle. So, you have to choose one carefully.
1. Narrow Headbands
- Known as stirrup-style or gate-style handles.
- It is generally 1 to 11⁄4 inches wide.
- Quick attach to the release handles.
- Comes in a lower price range.
2. Wide Headbands
- It normally comes in a 5-inch inches wide style.
- Effectively attach to jaw-style handles.
- Convenient to change.
- A little bit expensive.
3. Screw Top Headbands
- You will need threaded screws for attaching it to the mop handles.
- Require time to clean it as you have to unscrew it before wash.
- Made with metal components.
3. Mop Head Sizes and Colors
Popular Looped-end mop head size, color, and weight:
I like to recommend comparing different models to get the best mop head according to your price range. Lower-price mop heads tend to tangle quickly.
How to Wax a Floor?
Step 1: Prepare the Floor
Identify the spot or places where you want to wax. How to know which floor needs waxing?
Look carefully, whether it looks glossy. If yes, then take a piece of cloth and dip it in mineral spirits. After that, rub gently if it does not turn brown or yellow. It confirms that your floor does not get waxed before, or it almost lost its waxing layer. You can wax dull floors to enhance their looks.
Step 2: Choose a Wax
After testing your floor it’s time to select a wax product that is suited for the material of your floor. It’s best to apply the same wax that you use before. If you cannot identify the used wax type then you have to trip the old one before applying the new wax. If you want to apply wax by yourself then do some research and fix which look you want to get.
- You can use polyurethane as it is a bit glossy.
- If you do not want to strip the previous wax entirely go for water-based silicone polish.
Step 3: Remove Furniture from the Floor
Make a free space before starting the main waxing procedure. Remove all your objects and furniture from the floor. If you have limited space, you can wax by moving things away from that particular side.
Step 4: Clean The Floor Completely and Use Fresh Mop For Waxing
You have to keep sweeping or mapping until you pick up all dirt and dust. Never try to use a used mop though it looks clean. It is the best policy to use a new mop for applying wax to the floor; it ensures the best possible results.
Step 5: Apply Wax One Section at a Time
Make your mop damp with wax, and apply it to your floor. Do not let it dry, or drip.
Select a small section of the floor and apply the wax there at a time. To avoid the waxed portion, you can start from the exact opposite end of your room from the door.
Step 6: Let it Dry
Wait around 30 + minutes to get it dry naturally. You can also use a fan, but it should be used after 10 minutes of waxing.
Step 7: Apply Additional Layers
When the previous coat has completely dried, you can again wax the floor. See manufacturer instructions to get the best results. If you cannot find the actual number, then you can add 3 to 4 additional layers.
After you finished waxing, wash your tools immediately with soap and hot water. Or it will be tough to wash them off.
Step 8: Buff the Floor
Some floor looks absolutely fine without the buff. But definitely buffed floor looks more gorgeous. So, if possible, use a Floor buffer. But if you use waxes that are not ‘no-buff,’ they require polishing.
In that list, I mention BLACK+DECKER Waxer/Polisher and VMAI Cordless Electric Spin Mop that I used.
“Waxing” means you add an extra layer to protect your hardwood, tile, or any other type of floor surface. Proper waxing improves outer looks as well; it gives durability and saves your money.
To do that, we cannot ignore the importance of the mop head. I tried my best to find the best mop head for waxing floors in the recent markets. All listed mop heads are worthy enough for maintaining a hygienic surfaces, applying wax, and regular use.
- Best Machine To Clean Tile Floors And Grout
- Best Vacuum For Pet Hair Consumer Reports
- Best Vacuum And Steam Cleaner Combo Reviews
- Best Vacuum For Stairs Consumer Reports
Perry is a certified professional housekeeper and cleaning specialist with over 15 years of experience. She has worked in a variety of settings, including homes, offices, and hospitals. Her focus is on providing thorough, professional cleaning that meets specific needs.