It’s really a good plan to play around with our pretty pets in the house at the weekend. But the only issue is that the pet’s hair spreads here and there. It is not easy to clean up until you use the right tools. Here I will discuss a simple way that really works well, without using any expensive cleaning machine.
Yes! You read it right. You can use Swiffer for pet hair instant of the vacuum cleaner. It effectively keeps your house free of dust, dander, pet hair, allergens, and paw prints.
There are many swiffer for dog hair on the amazon store. You have to choose one that meets your requirements. Because each Swiffer is designed with a unique purpose.
“The Nifty House earns a commission from the links below at no additional cost to you.”
In A Hurry? Here Is Our Top 3 Recommended Swiffer For Pet Hair
Top 10 Swiffer Pet Hair Reviews
Here is the list of 10 Best Swiffer For Pet Hair that will help you maintain a hygienic environment in your house with a sweet aroma.
Top 10 Best Swiffer For Pet Hair [Expert Reviews & Buying Guide 2023]
1. Swiffer Sweeper Dry + Wet Sweeping Kit
- 90 percent More Refills vs standard Sweeper Starter Kit pack
- Starter kit includes: 1 Sweeper Device, 4 Dry Heavy Duty Cloths, 3 Wet Heavy Duty Pads, 10 Dry Sweeping Cloths and 2 Wet Mopping Pads
- Heavy Duty Dry Cloths have 2x More Trap + Lock of dirt, dust, and hair vs. multi-surface Sweeper dry cloth
- Swiffer Heavy Duty Wet Mopping Cloths Trap + Lock 50 percent more dirt* allowing you to quickly and easily clean all your hard floor surfaces. *vs. Swiffer wet mopping pad
2. Swiffer Dusters Multi Surface Refills
- Swiffer Dusters TRAP and LOCK dust & allergens* *common inanimate allergens from cat and dog dander & dust mite matter
- Great for dusting electronics, dusting furniture, knick-knacks in your home or office, blinds, ceiling fans, and even your car interior
- Specially coated fibers grab onto dust & don't let go
- Use with Swiffer Dusters short handle or Swiffer Dusters extendable handle
- Try Swiffer Dusters Heavy Duty to track and lock up to 3x* more dust & allergens *vs. feather duster
3. Swiffer Sweeper Dry Mop Refills
- Deep textured ridges TRAP + LOCK dirt, hair common inanimate from cat and dog dander matter
- Thick dry cloths conform to the surface of your floors and grout lines.Keep out of eyes
- Great for picking up Pet Hair
- Multi-surface and can be used on all floor types - hardwood, tile or vinyl floors
- Use with Swiffer Sweeper, Swiffer Sweep+Vac and Swiffer Sweep+ Trap
4. Swiffer 360 Dusters Refills
- Sold as 1 Box (11 dusters)
- Duster traps more dirt to make cleaning easier
- Comes in yellow and made from 50/50 PE/PET non woven bonds
- 11 refills per box Holds dust until shaken.
- Dust lock adhesive cleans deep into grooves.
5. Swiffer Sweep And Vac Vacuum Cleaner
- Sold as 1 Kit.
- Sweeper vacuum cleaner quickly removes pet hair, dust, dirt, and other debris.
- Bagless technology saves time and energy with no bags to replace.
- Rechargeable, cordless sweeping system.
- Long-lasting rechargeable battery.
6. Swiffer Sweeper Dry Sweeping Cloth Refills
- Shed happens. Trap and lock 2X * dirt, dust and pet hair. Lots of pet hair. (* vs Swiffer Sweeper Multi-Surface Dry cloth)
- Reduce pet odor and reinvigorate your floors with the fresh scent of Febreze while you clean. Woof! 3D fibers reach deep in grooves that other tools can miss
- Safe on all floor types, so you can use it on tile, hardwood, and vinyl flooring
- Get dirt out of your home. Just toss the pad and all the hair away
- Also Try Sweeper Heavy Duty Pet Wet cloths to pick up 50% more* pet messes
7. Swiffer 360 Dusters Heavy Duty Refills
- Swiffer Pet Heavy Duty Dusters TRAP + LOCK up to 3x more dust & allergens. vs. feather duster, common inanimate allergens from cat and dog dander & dust mite matter
- Specially coated fibers grab onto dust & don't let go
- Uniquely designed to Trap + Lock dust from every direction.
- Use with Swiffer Dusters short handle, Swiffer Dusters extendable handle, and Swiffer Super Extender Handle
8. Reusable Microfiber Cloths For Swiffer Duster
- Machine Washable Up to 150 times. Thick Cotton Mop Refills Fit Sweeper Mop size 10,3 x 4,4''
- Save Money. Reusable Mop Pads Replace Hundreds of Disposable Wet Pads & Dry Refills
- For All Floor Types. Slide Easy and Work Smoothly Even on Hardwood Floor and Laminate
- Maximum Water Absorption. Reusable Refills Used as Wet Mopping Pads or Dry Dust Mop Pads
- Mop is Not Included. Not for Spray Mop. Not for XL Mop
9. Swiffer Wetjet Hardwood Mop Pad Refills
- ABSORB + LOCK STRIP helps trap dirt & grime deep in pad so it doesn't get pushed around.
- For best end results on your hardwood floor, use with Swiffer WetJet solutions. There's a perfect solution for any cleaning need
- Recommended WetJet mopping pad for use on finished wood floors* *do not use on unfinished, oiled or waxed wooden boards, non-sealed tiles or carpeted floors because they may be water sensitive.
- Safe on all finished floors* *do not use on unfinished, oiled or waxed wooden boards, non-sealed tiles or carpeted floors because they may be water sensitive.
- Also try Swiffer WetJet Heavy Duty! Contains an extra SCRUBBING STRIP with the power of Magic Eraser
10. Microfiber Mop Floor Cleaning System
- ?? PREMIUM QUALITY: Want a professional commercial grade floor mop for your home, apartment, dorm, office, bathroom, basement, or laundry room? Extra length lightweight microfiber mop system with hard strong aluminum alloy and reusable, washable pads. Longer length durable handle with dry mode to dust or sweep, wet for mopping and scrubbing Hardwood, Tile, Laminate, Vinyl, Wood. Includes mop head, mop handle, 2 microfiber refills & 2 scrubbing pads. Perfect Mop For Cleaning Companies or Maids!
- ?? BEST VALUE : Aluminum mop handle and large strong metal head. Rotating 360 spin head, industrial grade mop swivels without being heavy or expensive. Cheap Price + Premium Quality. Low-Cost Reusable Mop Pads With Replacement Refills Included plus no self-wringing needed. No Question, Full Money Back Guarantee! Pads compatible with Microfiber Wholesale, Swifter Wet Jet, Shark, Bona, Bissell, o-Cedar, Quickie, Libman, Rubbermaid, Light N' Easy. Bruce, Casabella, Rejuvenate, & Mr. Clean MF Mop
- ?? MACHINE WASHABLE / ECO-FRIENDLY : Turbo cleaning mops come with 2 washable microfiber pads that can be reused, rewashed, refilled, replaced. Reuse our microfiber pads again & again - wash up to 100 times in your washing machine to save money and protect the environment. Mop pads easily attach to fixed velcro on mop head and can be removed and washed quickly and easily. The perfect green wash mop system for kids or adults.
- ? LIGHT WEIGHT & PERFECT SIZE: 360 degree rotating, 18 inch large mop head, 35 - 60 inch Long Length adjustable telescoping handle ( great for short or tall people). Made from strong, but light aluminum alloy metal. Extra long, easy to extend aluminum handle for cleaning hard-to-reach places in the kitchen, under the couch, up on windows... less tiring than plastic or steel cleaning mops. Perfect for handicapped and elderly. Lightweight design for dusting and mopping under the couch and on walls.
How To Choose The Best Swiffer For Pet Hair?
If you look for the best Swiffer for picking up the hair around the floor, you should know a few things before making a purchase.
1. Select a Mop Head That Matches Your Requirements
I know mop heads play a vital role alongside microfiber pads. So, select a big mop head if you want to cover the large floor surface.
2. Choose a Lightweight Handle
A lightweight handle is best for carrying, and it allows you to clean for a long time without arm pain. Also, make sure it has a good grip. It easily reaches corners and beneath the furniture to remove the pet’s hair.
3. Check the Velcro
Velcro is used to attach or detach mop heads. Check your Swiffer velcro; so that it does not come on your hand through cleaning. LoL!
4. Consider the Length of the Pole or Body
Try to buy a mop with an extendable and adjusting pole to suit your height. Make sure the Pole length must be customizable.
5. Which Pad Do You Need?
- Disposable cleaning pads: You will need multiple disposable cleaning pads for cleaning a single room entirely. It absorbs liquid and wet dirt superbly. But you can’t use it for dry mopping, so you have to buy a set for the dry pads as well.
- Reusable cleaning pads: On the other hand, reusable microfiber cleaning pads are the best; they are compatible with both dry and wet floors. Also, it can clean dog/cat hair more than one time and saves a lot of money.
6. Are You Using Eco-Friendly Materials?
If you are concern about the environment, then go with E-cloth or microfiber pads. These are reusable, easy to use, clean, and do not require strong chemicals to clean.
7. Consider Your Health
If you have allergic to chemical solutions. You have to buy a mop that does not require such kind of solution. You can select a steam mop that only requires water and natural cleaning solutions like vinegar to clean and sanitize the surfaces.
8. Features and Budgets Correlations
There is various cleaning mop with different price tag. The price mainly varies with materials used, style, and purpose of use. You have to spend more money if you want a mop that can clean most surfaces, disinfect the floor, and have durable, reusable pads.
How Do You Remove Pet Hair from Hardwood Floors?
We know how important to ensure hygiene in the home. Sometimes the traditional cleaning process does not work for all; in that case, try some common materials in a new technique that cleans the floor quickly.
- On a hardwood floor, use a Damp Mop; it acts as a magnet for picking up pets’ hair.
- Before mopping, use a Vacuum Cleaner and make sure its dust bin is empty and the filters are working optimally.
- Rubber Broom really works fine for picking up pets’ hair. You can use it in the kitchen or the bathroom to get the best results.
- If you have a Humidifier, it will make your cleaning process a lot easier because it loosens pet hair and prevents clinging onto surfaces.
- You can use a Roll Tape, too, for picking up dog hair.
How To Clean Up Pet Hair With Swiffer?
If you’re like most pet owners, you know that pet hair can be a real pain to deal with. Not only is it difficult to get all the hair off your floor, furniture, and clothes, but it’s also impossible to avoid bringing the hair home with you. Here are 7 easy steps that will help you clean up pet hair with Swiffer:
- Wet the area you want to clean with water.
- Squeeze one or two Swiffer Dusters onto the wet area.
- Use the duster to cover the hair and dust the area until the hair is completely gone. Aim the Swiffer at a 45-degree angle toward the ground and use short, light strokes to avoid dragging dirt and debris along with the Swiffer.
- If large pieces of hair are left behind, use a broom or a mop with a strong stream of water. Be sure to use a dilution of dish soap if necessary.
- Rinse the area off with water and dry it off. Don’t try to force the Swiffer to do too much work; let it work its magic over time.
- Repeat steps 2-4 as necessary
- Finish by airing out the area for a few minutes to remove any residual odor or dust.
How to Avoid Swifter Sweeper Mistakes?
- Vacuum before Swiffer sweeping: It’s best to vacuum a bit before using Swiffer Sweeper pads, so there are fewer dust bunnies around.
- Don’t use them right away on the floors: You can use the clean pads to clean less-dirty areas, such as a tabletop or shelf before you clean the floors.
- Don’t use Swiffer Sweepers for major cleaning jobs: Avoid using a Swiffer on soiled or cluttered floors. Swiffer WetJet or a regular mop or vacuum can handle bigger messes.
- Don’t use generic cleaning pads: Generic pads may seem cheaper upfront but less reliable than lab-tested Swiffer brands.
- Don’t discard them too quickly: Swiffer Sweeper pads and Swiffer Dusters may last longer than you think. Electrostatic charges ensure that you don’t end up making a bigger mess as you dust.
- Don’t throw away dirty dusters: Don’t toss your dirty Swiffer dusters just because they’re dirty. After a quick rinse under the faucet, they can be cleaned and reused.
I tried my best to gather all the Best Swiffer For Pet Hair on the market. All those Swiffer feature different cleaning modes to clean hairs on your floors. On the other hand, multiple cleaning accessories easily fit either dry or wet cleaning options.
If you pick up any model that is listed here then you are doing the right thing. Just make sure which one fulfills your needs.
Best Swiffer For Pet Hair (FAQs)
Does Swiffer Mop Kill Bacteria?
If you use Swiffer cleaning solutions, it can effectively kill germs and bacteria; as it contains Chlorhexidine Diacetate to eliminate fungus, germs, viruses, and bacterial harboring.
Will Swiffer Ruin Hard Floors?
Nope! As long as you use wet or dry moping options according to your floor type.
You can use either wet or dry moping options on all types of finished floors because it’s are entirely safe. But I like to suggest using only dry Swiffer mops on unfinished hard floors. These floors are quite sensitive and get damaged when exposed to a high level of wetness.
NOTE: Avoid using wet Swiffer mops on waxed or oiled floorings.
Is Swiffer Safe for Pets?
The best way to answer this question is by understanding what Swiffer Heavy Duty Pet is.
Swiffer is a brand of floor cleaning product that has two different types of mops: the original Swiffer WetJet, and the newer Swiffer Duster.
The wet jet cleans with an electrostatic charge, which is a strong static electricity build-up that attracts dirt from carpets and other surfaces, while the duster dries floors with a rotating brush and cloth head. Swiffer promises that its products are pet safe for owners of both large and small dogs.
There are no reports or complaints about the chemicals used in these Swiffer products actually killing animals, but some users suggest not using it on low-pile carpets.
You should keep Swiffer solutions away from the reach of kids and pets. However, it does not contain any hazardous chemicals.
Can you use Swiffer wet on laminate floors?
Swiffer or WetJet can be used to clean laminate floors. For small areas, a wet Swiffer is the best choice.
You can use it on hardwood floors, but you will need to be careful not to make a mess. It is important that you do not spill the water or spray it in any other direction than towards the floor.
Does Swiffer Sweeper pick up hair?
Yes. The stuff gets everywhere, from tile flooring to hardwood. Its versatility allows it to pick up hair from many surfaces and allows you to regain control of your floors.
Can Swiffer be used on vinyl plank flooring?
In short, yes. Swiffer is an excellent choice for vinyl plank flooring. The Swiffer Sweep + Vac is perfect for those with pets, kids, or just a lot of dust and dirt on their floors.
Is there a difference between wet and dry vacuums?
There is a difference between wet and dry vacuums. Wet vacuums are water-based while dry vacuum cleaners are non-water-based.
The difference between the two types of vacuum cleaners is that wet ones use a mixture of water and detergent to clean, whereas dry ones use airflow to suck up dirt and debris.
Wet vacuums also have an additional motor for water extraction, but this does not work as well in high-pile carpets or where there is excessive dust, which can clog the filters and reduce suction power. (except wry wet shop vacs)
Dry models can get stuck on carpeting, but this problem may be remedied by using attachments such as crevice tools that allow you to clean small areas without getting your vacuum dirty.
What is the best swiffer for pet hair?
There are many types of swiffer available in the market. The most popular one is the Swiffer Wetjet, which has a unique patented design that allows you to remove dirt and grime with just water.
It comes with two pads that can be easily changed for each job. It also has two attachments for sweeping and scrubbing, including a scrubber that can tackle tough stains on tiles, wood floors, and carpets.
- Best Vacuum For Pet Hair Consumer Reports
- Best Vacuum And Steam Cleaner Combo Reviews
- Best Machine To Clean Tile Floors And Grout
Perry is a certified professional housekeeper and cleaning specialist with over 15 years of experience. She has worked in a variety of settings, including homes, offices, and hospitals. Her focus is on providing thorough, professional cleaning that meets specific needs.