The NuTone central vacuum cleaner filter removes dust and debris that could harm your health. NuTone vacuum models come with certain filter types. NuTone filters and bags effectively capture airborne allergens, making them essential for allergy sufferers.
After some time, most filters need to be replaced to ensure the best filtration. In this post, I will show how to clean nutone central vacuum filter.
How to Clean Nutone Central Vacuum Filter
If you’re looking for steps on how to clean your Nutone central vacuum filter, you’ve come to the right place! By following the instructions below, you’ll be able to keep your central vacuum system running smoothly and efficiently.
- Twist or unlatch the unit’s base, then dump the debris, cover the bottom with a plastic bag, and shake the center-weighted cloth filter.
- If your bottom model does not have a cloth filter, reach up and clean the mesh filter or the debris screen.
- To empty a top-emptying model, simply open the top and remove the bag.
- You can remove and wash some models’ foam filters, which can be air dried after washing.
- If the filter becomes clogged, remove and wash it in warm water with a mild dishwashing detergent. Rinse well, then replace it.
Note: You can only clean Washable Filters or Permanent Filters. Never try it on Disposable Filters.
How to Maintain Your Nutone Central Vacuum Filter
Make sure the filter is properly installed
When installing the filter, ensure it is properly fitted and positioned to capture all of the dust and debris that falls into the vacuum cleaner.
Change the filter every 6 to 12 month
This is one of the most important things you can do to keep your Nutone Central Vac running smoothly. By changing the filter every month, you’ll prevent any dirt, dust, or other particles from accumulating and potentially causing damage to your vacuum.
Clean the filter regularly
Another important way to keep your Nutone Central Vacuum running smoothly is to clean the filter regularly. Doing this removes any dirt, dust, or other particles that may have accumulated over time.
Check the suction power
One of the easiest ways to check if your Nutone Central Vacuum is functioning properly is by checking its suction power. If the suction power is low, it may be time to replace or clean your filter.
Check for blockages
If none of the above tips work, it may be time to check for blockages in your Nutone Central Vacuum’s filter inlets, hose, or pipes. By doing this, you can potentially fix the issue before it becomes worse and causes more damage.
Seek professional help
If all else fails, it might be a good idea to seek professional help. A qualified technician will be able to inspect your Nutone Central Vacuum and diagnose the issue(s) quickly and efficiently.
How do I Know if my NuTone Central Vacuum Filter Needs to be Cleaned?
If you’re short on time, here are five quick tips to help you know when your Nutone central vacuum filter needs to be cleaned:
- If the dirt and dust accumulation on the filter is increasing.
- If the filter starts making weird noises. This could indicate that the filter has become clogged up and needs to be cleaned.
- If the filter starts leaving black marks or streaks on various surfaces.
- If there’s a smell of bad odor coming from your central vacuum.
- If your central vacuum is not performing as well as it used to. Cleaning your central vacuum filter may help restore its performance.
I have shared some detailed steps on how to clean nutone central vacuum filter. Just follow the given directions and you will be good to go. In case your Nutone vacuum is not cleaning properly due to accumulated dust, then it’s time for a new one.
If you have any other questions or comments about this article, please feel free to leave them in the comment section below. I would love to hear from you!
Brian Bennett is an experienced central vacuum expert who has written extensively on the topic. His articles cover a variety of topics related to central vacuum systems, including installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting. Brian also offers a variety of helpful tips and tricks for optimizing central vacuum performance.