PepsiCo’s sports drink Gatorade comes in many colors. The red dye in Fruit Punch Gatorade can stain any fabric. Red is a particularly loud color. It almost taunts you as it shouts at you. Most of the stubborn carpet stains come from Gatorade, wine, and kool-aide.
Then how do you get a red drink stain out of carpet? In the case of accidentally spilled red Gatorade on a carpet, couch, leather, clothing you should act immediately to remove the stain.
In this article, we’re going to discuss how to get red gatorade out of carpet, along with other serious factors you should be aware of.
Typically, Gatorade contains artificial food colors. If it gets spilled on the carpet, it will sink very deep and is not easily removed.
How to get red stains out of carpet? There is no general method for getting it out, so you’ll need a specific technique. It is necessary to repeat the same procedures for many spots. It is essential to remove residues as they can re-attract dirt and neutralize the carpet’s pH.
Tools And Agents May Be Needed To Clean
- Vacuum Cleaner: Stain removal is best accomplished with a wet/dry vacuum cleaner. If a white towel is unavailable, use a clean, dry one instead. The carpet should be dry before vacuuming the stained area if your vacuum cleaner is built for dry carpet only.
- Spoon: Larger spoons work well.
- Towels: A clean, colorfast towel is essential. In place of paper towels, you can use paper towels.
- Warm Water: When rinsing, use clean water.
- Club Soda: You can remove practically any water-soluble stain with club soda. Club soda is ready to use at room temperature. In most cases, club soda won’t damage the carpet backing. A small amount of water can be drizzled directly on the spill without soaking the carpet. There is no need to rinse out club soda because it leaves no residue.
- Detergent: To make liquid dish soap, combine 1 teaspoon with 2 cups of warm water. Your laundry detergent should have clear color and not be bleaching.
- Hydrogen Peroxide: 1 tbsp hydrogen peroxide with 3 tbsp warm water. Hydrogen peroxide is available at most grocery stores and drug stores, containing 3% H2O2. Since oxygen bleach cleaner light colors at a rapid pace, it is recommended for very light colors.
- Ammonia: Combine 1 cup warm water with ¼ cups of ammonia. You can purchase ammonia (which is moderately alkaline) at a local pharmacy or supermarket. This bleaching agent should be used only on very light colors.
- Vinegar: You can mix ¼ cup white vinegar with 1 cup of warm water. Vinegar contains a moderate amount of acidity. In grocery stores or drug stores, you can buy vinegar.
How To Get Red Gatorade Out Of Carpet
A cleaner that contains alkaline is effective at combating stubborn stains of Red Gatorade. It can remove most stains of all types. A genius product like this won’t damage the carpet texture.
Alkaline preparation and cleaning process:
- Mix 1 tbsp of washing detergent with 1 tbsp of dishwashing soap.
- Add one-quarter cup of warm water to them.
- Do not use a colored cloth – use a white one instead.
- Add a thin layer of cleaning solutions to the red stain of Gatorade.
- Wipe off after a few minutes.
- Upon first use, the stain will fade.
- The process may need to be repeated a few times for deeper stains.
2.Club Soda Treatment
It’s a great trick to remember if you’re a fan of club soda.
- Use an absorbent towel or paper towel to blot as much as possible from the carpet. Avoid rubbing the stain because it may spread. Press hard to remove the stain with a paper dry towel.
- Using club soda, soak the area. Now, use a fresh towel to gently wipe away the stain using all your force and energy.
- In some cases, club soda alone isn’t enough. If this is the case, prepare your solution by mixing 1 tablespoon liquid dish soap with 1 tablespoon vinegar in 2 cups of cold water. You should dampen the stained area with this mixture and allow it to dry for 30 minutes.
- Finally, thoroughly blot the area with a clean cloth until the stain is gone.
3.White Vinegar Treatment
Another popular treatment to remove red Gatorade stains is white vinegar. Vinegar contains moderate levels of acetic acid, making it an effective method for removing stains of all kinds, including red Gatorade!
- Combine one tablespoon of vinegar with a quarter cup of warm water. Too hot water will damage carpets. Apply the white vinegar solution to a fresh white cloth and press it hard against the red Gatorade stain.
- 30 minutes should be enough time to let the cloth dry. Then, wipe the surface thoroughly with some water. You can dry the surface with a fresh white cloth.
4.Hydrogen Peroxide Method
Utilizing hydrogen peroxide can also remove Red Gatorade from carpets.
- Apply hydrogen peroxide to any red stain.
- Give it some time to sit.
- To remove the stains, use a steam cleaner.
5.Shaving Cream Treatment
Shaving Cream is an excellent option if you don’t have the materials listed above. It’s true! Carpets and upholstery can be cleaned using shaving cream.
- At first, apply shaving cream directly onto the stain of Red Gatorade. It is crucial to cover the whole stain.
- Waiting time should be at least 30 minutes. Then wipe the surface with a white cloth. Ensure that no stains remain.
- If the stain hasn’t been removed. Mix equal parts vinegar and water. After trigger spray on the area, wipe it off with a dry white cloth.
Do We Have Other Options?
With patience and the proper procedure, you can remove any Gatorade color. You have two options if you are unable to remove the stain. You can either use Oxyclean (a powerful cleaner) or hire a professional to remove the stain for you. Even though Oxyclean is pretty effective, it can remain a gamble. If you don’t know how to fix it, then it’s best to call a professional.
When Should You Call Professional Carpet Cleaners?
How do you get old gatorade stains out of carpet? In this circumstance that you should seek professional help. Also, you should get professional help if you have any of the following issues:
- If you’re unsure about cleaning something.
- Using the above methods, you cannot altogether remove the stain.
- It might be a good idea to hire a professional if you have a delicate fiber carpet.
- Get old red stains out of carpet.
Is Professional Carpet Cleaning Expensive?
Various factors come into play here, such as the amount of Gatorade that has been spilled, the carpet’s material, your location, and whether you want to clean several carpets at once. The typical carpet cleaning price ranges between $60 and $150 per carpet.
How To Remove Red Gatorade Stain From Couch?
Indeed, Gatorade is mostly water, but depending on the flavor, it may contain artificial coloring. How to remove red Gatorade stains from your couch? Here are the steps you need:
- Mix 1 tablespoon dishwashing soap with 1 tablespoon white vinegar in a bowl or basin.
- Apply the cleaning solutions with a paper towel or sponge. Be careful when rubbing or grinding the site.
- Allow the sponge or paper towels to sit for up to 30 minutes and replace them every 5 minutes.
- Apply to rub alcohol to the stain and then rinse with clean water.
- If there is still some residue, use a solution of dishwashing soap, ammonia, and 2 cups of cool water.
- Repetition of the above steps is required.
What Is The Best Way To Get Gatorade Out Of Leather?
The first step to preventing spots from forming is to wipe away liquids immediately. Although the liquid has dried, it is still possible for you to get rid of them.
- Dish Soap: In a bowl or bucket, add a few drops of mild dish soap. Wring out the sponge after soaking it in the bucket. Apply a sponge gently to the Gatorade spot. Rub the leather gently to avoid damaging it.
- Alcohol or Vinegar: Rub some rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball. It would be best if you rubbed it gently on the spot. White vinegar solution is an alternative to rubbing alcohol. Wet a rag with equal parts vinegar and water. With a vinegar solution, use it gently on the spot until it disappears.
- Mayonnaise: Apply a thin layer of mayonnaise to the gatorade spot. Soak it for up to 3 hours. For stubborn spots, let the mayonnaise sit overnight. In circular motions, dab the mayonnaise onto the area. Rub it until it disappears. To clean, wet cloth and gently dry the surface.
- Leather Cleaner: If the methods above did not work, use a leather cleaner. Please follow the label instructions for the correct application.
- Leather Conditioner: After the stain has been removed, apply a leather conditioner to the leather surface. The condition will help restore the natural oil in the leather since water may dry out the oil.
How To Get Rid Of Gatorade Stains From Clothes?
Here are steps to help you remove Gatorade stains from your machine-washable fabrics properly.
- Using lukewarm water, wash out any remaining Gatorade stain.
- Make a solution of either bleach or environmentally safe oxygen bleach and water.
- 30 to 45 minutes should be enough time to soak the stain.
- Once that is done, wash the clothes in the washing machine.
How To Remove Blue Gatorade Stain?
Although blue Gatorade can be challenging to clean, you can easily remove the stain if you follow directions carefully.
- Immediately using a dry fresh white clothor paper towel, soak up as much Gatorade liquid as you can.
- You can use laundry soap or vinegar solutions, or club soda. Make sure the stained area is moistened with your preferred spot remover.
- Soak up the solution with a white cloth. Approach the stain from its outer edges.
- Repeat the process until the stain fades. For a stubborn stain, apply ammonia after rinsing the fabric. Put a towel over the stain use a steam iron.
The carpet in our home adds beauty and comfort, but they are often delicate and expensive. For this reason, we must ensure that our carpets are well-maintained.
One method may not bring you your desired result, so you must explore other options. In this article you will find various way on how to get red gatorade out of carpet.
Perry Stein graduated from Washington University in St. Louis. She has 10 years of extensive knowledge of housekeeping, laundry, cleaning floors, and cleaning products. She was a writer for Washington City Paper and Miami Herald.