There is nothing wrong with buying a beautiful mattress and using it for a long time. Is your mattress clean? We don’t have much time to check it because of our modern lifestyle. Also, dust mites and dead cells build up unnoticeably. For our family’s health, we should keep our mattresses clean and fresh.
Best steam cleaner for mattress will be enough to keep it out of dirt, dust, bed bugs, and odor.
I have considered expert recommendations, user experiences, and practical usages to pick the top 10 best steam cleaner units from different brands.
“As an Amazon affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchases.” Without additional cost from you.
In A Hurry? Here Is Our Top 3 Recommended Steam Cleaner For Mattress
10 Best Handheld Steam Cleaner For Mattress Reviews
How will you find the best mattress cleaner machine? Don’t worry! Along with the steam cleaner reviews for the mattress, I provide a buying guide that helps make the right decision.
Top 10 Best Steam Cleaner For Mattress [Expert Reviews & Buying Guide 2022]
1. PurSteam Handheld Pressurized Steam Cleaner
- ✅Powerful Hot Steam: Powerful steam and lockable steam trigger allow you to continuously blast through the task at hand.1050W of Power; Emits pressurized powerful hot steam (250-270F) for up to 15-20 minutes.
- ✅Natural & Multi-Purpose Use: Deep cleans and sanitizes built for Stubborn stains. Our handheld steam cleaner unit is best suited for sealed surfaces including granite, laminate，marble, ceramic,hardwood floors.
- ✅Fast & Effective: 6 oz. water tank heats up in 3 minutes and provides up to 10 minutes of continuous steam. Cut through any grease, grout with our high pressure steamer. High temperature protection: When the temperature is too high, It shows red light on once it is under protection. Once the temperature is lower, it can be back to normal working condition.Please read the manual carefully before use.
- ✅Portable & Free 9 Accessories: 9 versatile accessories including an attachable extension hose for hard-to-reach places. Durable 15-foot power cord assures easy portability.To clean doors and windows, install a brush nozzle on the short nozzle, then snap the door window nozzle, aim at the door and window, press the steam button to brush up and down, to remove the stains adhering to the door and window.
- ✅Certification & Guarantee: ETL Certified. Built to meet U. S. voltage requirements. Safety-tested, and warrantied for use only in the U. S. All Cop Rose Products have a 30 day no questions asked Money back Guarantee. if you aren't happy with your purchase, let us know so that we may provide your best solution. Professional customer service will work on fixing any issue within 24 hours. Email our customer care for Faster Response. You may search more FQA from product description.
Pursteam World’s Best Steamers Review
Steamer for Daily Tasks
If you want to do quick and effortless cleaning jobs at home. Have an eye on PurSteam Handheld Pressurized Steam Cleaner as it is called the Best Handheld Steam Cleaner for small tasks. The 8-ounce tank and 9.8 feet long cord give you considerable reach to clean mattress, office clothes, or de-greasing around your shower, tub, and sink quite efficiently.
Plenty of Accessories
You can use PurSteam almost everywhere you want. This versatile steam cleaner comes with a 9-piece tool kit, including an iron brush and a bent nozzle. With heavy-duty attachments, you can successfully clean indoor and outdoor such as windows, doors, and other surfaces by hand.
Compact and Efficient Steam Cleaner
The compact, lightweight body requires less space to store. Also, it’s water tank heats up fast within 3 to 4 minutes. You can use it to clean tile, hardwood, granite, laminate tiles, washable wallpaper, ceramic floors, furniture, and even rugs in your car.
Easy to Maneuver Powerful Steam Without Using Chemicals
PurSteam is easy to maneuver, weighing only 2.2 pounds. So, you can grab it and go to clean up the mess on the sofa, carpets, and recliners within a matter of minutes.
Using high temperatures and pressure, PurSteam Steam Cleaner effectively eliminates germs, bacteria, bed bugs, mold, dirt, and deep stains. So, you will get a clean surface all-natural way.
What We like
- Anti-Calc Filter
- Affordable price
- Portable and lightweight for quick and easy handling
- Noise-free operation
- Comes with all necessary equipment
- The long cord effectively cleans narrow spaces
- It releases 30% more steam than other models
- Premium quality body build
- It produces enough pressure for non-chemical cleaning
What We Don’t Like
- Manual is not clear
- Water tank in small
- There is no way so that you can get a continuous streamflow
- Not suitable for large cleaning
2. BISSELL 39N7A 39N7A/39N71 Steam Shot Deluxe Hard-Surface Cleaner
- Every BISSELL purchase helps save pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Powerful High-Pressure Steam Cleaner With Easy-To-Press Trigger
- Completely Chemical-Free With No Harmful Fumes Or Residue
- 1000-Watt Power Rating, Power Cord Length Is 20 Feet
- Includes Accessory Nozzle, Extension Hose, Flat Scraping Tool, Grout Brush, Fabric Steamer, Window Squeegee, Angle Concentrator, And Detail Brush
BISSELL 39N7A Steam Shot Deluxe Hard-Surface Cleaner Review
If you are a person who doesn’t like to wait for even minutes to get hot water for cleaning. Then buy this BISSELL 39N7A Steam Shot Deluxe Hard-Surface Cleaner. It can produce instant hot water within 30 seconds and ready for cleaning operations.
Just switch on it, and immediately start cleaning your mattress, carpet, floor, tiles, clothes, and a lot more without using any harsh chemicals such as detergent or bleach. Yes, totally natural way; you can sanitize your mattress, surface, and other objects. It can perfectly clean up sticky spots, hard grime, tough grease trap, etc.
The cleaning performance is so amazing that you will be pleased. BISSELL 39N7A doesn’t leave any harmful fumes or residue on your area or objects. With the help of multipurpose accessories, you can reach any hard-to-get area pretty easily. So, you get all clean and disinfect surfaces all the time.
The portability and easy-to-use features make this one the best steam cleaner to clean mattress, bed, and grout.
What We like
- Compact and sleek design
- Easy to press the trigger
- 20 Feet long power cord
- Safe for children and pets
What We Don’t Like
- It has no hose
- It comes with fewer accessories
3. Handheld Pressurized Steam Cleaner with 9-Piece Accessory Set
- 【CONSTANT Steam Pressure】 Unlike other handheld steam cleaner that has to stop to build the pressure after every 1 or 2 minutes’ spraying(Some hand steamer may just work for 20 seconds at a time and so you have to wait and wait for it to heat up). Add 250ml water, Eave steamer can continuously steam out for about 8 minutes WITHOUT INTERVALS. Our upgraded handheld steamer for cleaning does save your time and boost your efficiency.
- 【Large Volume Water Tank】 Eave handheld steamer for cleaning features an extra large water tank of 450ml capacity(The recommended load capacity is within 250ml so as to leave a certain space to ensure normal use). This household steamer for cleaning allows you to focus on cleaning, instead of refilling often. Lightweight, portable, and with a long power cord(16.4ft), this small steam cleaner can go further and work distantly.
- 【Powerful and Efficient】 Working over 1050-1150 watts, Eave handheld steamer for cleaning can spray 105℃(221℉)high pressured steam that is really powerful to deeply clean and make things in your home “new” again with no effort. Aim this furniture steam cleaner at stain,grime, even the hard gooey spots that regular way cannot clean, it melts right off, the only thing you need to do is to gently wipe up the leftover and then done!
- 【10-Piece Accessory Set】 This steamer does an amazing job of cleaning. Plus 10-piece accessory kit such as: angled nozzle, bendable extension, nozzle with brush, fabric steamer tool, rubber wiper for window/door, and many other extras. It’s all-purpose and can go and clean out any hard to reach gaps, corners, angles, and also various surfaces/materials: kitchen sink, countertop, BBQ grill, toilet, floor, kids’ toy, pet mattress, car, sofa, and clothing.
- 【Lightweight & Portable】 Eave steam cleaner cleans by hot pressured steam which is very powerful to deeply clean the hard dirt and grease. This mini steam cleaner is lightweight, portable and comes with a super long power cord (5M/16.4FT) to go further and work distantly. Eave upgraded steamer for cleaning will help you to do cleaning with ease! Try this portable steam cleaner, you will surely appreciate such a helpful cleaning tool!
Handheld Pressurized Steam Cleaner Review
If you are looking for a multi-purpose and multi-surface steam cleaner to deep clean your mattress, carpets, floor, kitchen, bathroom tile, or other things? Then I like to recommend this handheld pressurized steam cleaner.
It produces 210F to 221F hot steam for up to 8 minutes without intervals. With the help of this kind of heat, pressure, and time you can easily clean up all the dust, dirt, germs, bacteria, mold, and stains from your mattress or carpet, or floor.
Portable Handheld Steam Cleaner comes with 10 pieces of handy accessories and attachment kits. So you can go for normal to deep cleaning with the different attachments as per your particular needs. It also offers both indoor and outdoor use without any hassle.
It has a safety lock system that protects your child from unauthorized use. Not only that, this multi-functional unit is lightweight and easy to store.
What We like
- Lightweight design
- Multipurpose handheld cleaner
- 450ML water tank
- 360° Cardan joint
- Heating indicator light
- 5 meters power cord
What We Don’t Like
- Doesn’t have an indicator to tell you if the tank is close to empty
4. LG Cordzero A9 Ultimate Cordless Stick Vacuum
- Powerful Performance, built to last. The Smart Inverter Motor on our A9 vacuum cleaner creates powerful suction and is backed by a 10 year warranty for lasting peace of mind.
- The LG cordless stick vacuum boasts strong suction and 2 rechargeable, detachable quick release batteries that let you clean and charge at the same time for up to 80 minutes* of uninterrupted performance. All that with no strings attached.
- Turn the vacuum on and off easily, or select different power levels, including Turbo mode, with the touch of a thumb. That means less strain on your hand and a more comfortable clean.
- Our cordless vacuum cleaners effectively lift dust, dirt and pet hair from carpets thanks to the direct drive motor inside the nozzle cleaning head.
- Detach the hand vacuum for quick and easy spot cleaning. Easily switch between floors and furniture with the versatility of the detachable handheld vacuum
5. BISSELL SteamShot Hard Surface Steam Cleaner
- Every Purchase Saves Pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Clean and Sanitize with the Power of Steam. 100 watts of steam power from a variety of hard surfaces.
- On-Demand Steam Trigger. Control the amount of high-pressure, high-temperature steam.
- Cleaning Tools Included. Comes with seven multi-surface cleaning tools: jet nozzle, (3) color-coded round bristle brushes, grout tool, flat scraper tool, and angle concentrator tool.
- Chemical-Free Cleaning. Uses water only, 100% natural cleaning is safe for kids and pets.
6. LivePure Ultramite UVC HEPA Allergen Vacuum & Fabric Sanitizer
- Neutralize the allergen causing dust mites and particles living deep inside your mattress, bedding, furniture, carpet, clothing and other soft surfaces in your home with this portable, lightweight, handheld vacuum
- UVC light: Eliminates the dust mites and allergens living deep inside your mattress, bedding and furniture. Studies found 98. 1 percent of dust mites and 99. 1 percent of e. Coli, staph and salmonella are eliminated only after a few seconds of exposure to the UV light. Includes a range sensor as an important safety feature to ensure UV light is activated only when within 1. 2 inches of the surface to be cleaning to reduce risk of contact with UV light.
- Covered rolling brush: Efficiently clean soft surfaces without disrupting the fabric, such as a made bed, pillow, or curtains. Vibration loosens the dust mites and allergens buried deep inside these fabrics. 5 inch opening to cover large areas.
- Dual filtration: True HEPA filter captures up to 99. 97Percent of particles as small as 0. 3 microns from the air before reaching the dust collection bin including pollen, dust, mold spores, hair and pet dander. The dust collection bin collects other particles without releasing them back into the air. Filter and dust collection bin are cleanable
- Includes extendable hose to sanitize hard-to-reach areas such as seams and cracks of furniture, powerful dual motors, fabric protection grill, multiple cleaning modes, indicator lights, 45-degree angle air discharge, 2 year , and ergonomic design
7. Fuothzon Multi-Surface Handheld Steam Cleaner
8. Dibea Bed Vacuum Cleaner with Roller Brush Corded Handheld
- 【300W high-power motor and high frequency vibration up to 33000 cycle/min】 beating out the deep dust, and then three rows of S-type brush thorough clean them all.
- 【6 stage filtration system】 HEPA Filter suck in 99.9% of particles as small as 0.3 microns to releases the fresh air.
- 【Long Cord & Light Weight】Bed vacuum cleaner with 4.5m cable helps you can clean everywhere in your room; Our mattress vacuum are designed with 4.1 lb that you won't feel tired when you use it.
- 400ml transparent large dust bin can hold more dust.
- bed vacuum
9. Dr. Purifier Handheld Pressurized Steam Cleaner
10. Comforday Multi-Purpose Handheld Pressurized Steam Cleaner
- ★Nine free accessories to adapt cleaner to every situation: Stairs, carpet, clothing, car interior and rims, etc. Gets into hard to reach areas
- ★Multi-surface use: Works on every surface including laminate, hardwood, fabric, upholstery, ceramic, linoleum, glass, marble and granite
- ★Chemical free and safe: The Comforday steamer is safe. It is completely chemical free and it is secured with a safety lock and safety cap
- ★Powerful hot steam: Quicksteam technology offers 1050W, pressurized hot steam (105℃) up to 15-20min
- ★Cuts through dirt: Tackle the biggest messes such as grout, grease and stains easily and quickly
Buying Guide for Mattress Steam Cleaner
You can use a steam cleaner on the mattress regularly, and it is safe for mattress cloth too. Also, you can use a steam cleaner to clean various floors, washroom tiles, carpet, curtains, clothes, etc. It successfully disinfects floors and kills germs, allergens. Let’s know how to select the best steam cleaner for a mattress.
1. Select one from Handheld vs. Canister Style
From all 8 types of steam cleaner (different from the purpose of uses), you can differentiate them by the main 3 style types. Those are canister, mop, and handheld style.
When you are looking for a mattress steam cleaner, you can choose one from canister or handheld style.
Canister Style: If you are looking for one of the most versatile home appliances. Then this is the right choice for you. What couldn’t do this bad boy! Comfortably you can sanitize every single part of your households, such as bathrooms, doorknobs, sofas, mattress, kitchen, and a lot more to count.
It has weightless pipes and mop features for those who want to use the gadget in every possible way.
Handheld Style: Handheld steam cleaners are more lightweight and convenient to carry and use. Thus, you can use it on the sofa, clothes, mattresses, nooks, crannies of a bed, etc.
It has a nozzle which makes targeted cleaning very easy.
Both the type is equally effective on the mattress cleaning. You can select one according to your own preference.
2. Consistent Steam Pressure
It would be best if you focused on a steam cleaner that produces consistent steam pressure. Higher PSI (pound per square inch) does not guarantee it is the best; if it is not consistent. Inconsistent pressure produces sudden bursts that leading to inefficient and incomplete cleaning.
3. Big Water Reservoir
If you want to hassle-free cleaning experience, buy a steam cleaner with a big water reservoir system. It will free you from refill it at certain times and waiting time to heat up before use.
On the other hand, detachable water tanks make it easier to refill the tanks without luging the entire gadget near the water supply.
4. Heat-up Time
On average, a steam cleaner takes 7-15 minutes to heat up (it varies from model to model). But a long time does not mean it is a bad steam cleaner.
5. Anti-Calc Filter
Some areas are notorious for hard water supply. If you use this type of water, then it may deteriorate the mattress. In this case, anti-calc filters come handy. It softens hard water and relieves you from suffering from all the mess that it creates.
6. Safety Features
Your steam cleaner is great if it has the automatic overheat shut-off feature. This safety feature will power off your steam cleaner when the steam temperature exceeds for safe operation.
Also, the non-pressurized boiler feature ensures the steam does not spurt out of the nozzle. So that you can use your steam cleaner without the fear of burn injuries.
7. Additional Attachments
Nowadays most steam cleaner comes with plenty of accessories. Don’t be overwhelmed and choose one that only has the necessary tools with a reasonable price tag. But never compromise the product quality, though. There are some cleaning attachments that you will need, such as a brush, nozzles, squeegee, etc.
Which One Is Better: Handheld or Upright Steam Cleaner for Mattress?
Both handheld and upright steam cleaners are good options. They each have their own advantages and disadvantages, but they both do a great job at cleaning.
When it comes to choosing between the two, it is mostly personal preference. The main difference is that an upright cleaner can be used on any surface whereas a handheld cleaner has more limitations.
In general, if you want something smaller for easy storage and portability then choose a handheld cleaner. If you need something with a longer reach or higher power then choose an upright cleaner.
What Are the Benefits of Using a Steam Cleaner for Mattress?
Steam cleaners are a type of cleaning machine that can be used to clean up the dirt and grime on your mattress. There are many benefits of using a steam cleaner for mattresses such as:
- It is a powerful machine that can kill bacteria, germs, dust mites, and bed bugs.
- It has no harsh chemicals or detergents so it is safe for you and your family.
- It cleans all types of stains including food stains, blood stains, urine stains, sweat stains, vomit stains and more.
- The machine uses hot water vapor to loosen any dirt or grime before scrubbing them away with brushes and other pads.
- All the dirty water is drained away, so there are no toxic chemicals going down the drain.
- It is portable, so you can take it with you to clean up spills and messes anywhere in your house.
How to Steam Clean a Mattress?
You have to clean your mattress regularly. Or it gets infested with dust mites and dead skins. Over time it will become unhealthy for sleeping.
Are you looking for the best solutions for it that also take minimal time and effort?
Well, steam cleaning is an excellent option to clean your mattress. It’s also completely safe and natural. It doesn’t require any chemical-based cleaning solutions.
Here are few simple steps that you can follow to steam clean your mattress:
- Take away all of the bedding items, such as pillows, bed sheets, etc., off the bed.
- Sprinkle some baking soda on the mattress.
- Remove the baking soda and other dust using a vacuum cleaner.
- Use your steam cleaner effectively to clean the mattress.
- Dry your mattress for a few hours.
How to Remove Stain from The Mattress?
Steam cleaner not only clean your mattress, but you can also use it to eliminate stain, dirt, germs, bacteria, and allergens.
First of all, vacuum your mattress and use steam to the stained area and dry it properly. Read this article for more details on How to Remove Stains from Mattress?
Can You Steam Clean Pee Out of a Mattress?
Yes, you can steam clean pee out of a mattress. Follow this simple process to get the best results.
- Make a paste using white vinegar and baking soda.
- Apply the paste to the targeted area.
- Use your steam cleaner to eliminate pee from the mattress.
- Wait few hours and make it dry completely.
Tips for Maintaining a Clean Mattress
Clean and hygiene mattresses reduce allergic reactions. So, you have to clean your mattress regularly. Here I will discuss a few tips and tricks to keep your bedding clean and hygienic.
- Build up a habit of using a vacuum cleaner on your mattress to eliminate dust particles and dust mites. Otherwise, it will be tough to get your mattress entirely clean again.
- Wash the mattress cover at 100 Degrees Celsius to kill all the dust mites that lived on it. You can wash mattress cover with bed sheets, blankets, and pillowcases to get your nifty bed.
- Never use any chemical solution such as hydrogen peroxide.
- You can use steam cleaning regularly.
- If it is too hard to clean, call a mattress cleaning service provider to get your job done.
It is not easy to get Best Steam Cleaner For Mattress nowadays. You may be confused to see numerous options on the markets. I am here to assist you in making wise decisions. Gathering all my household experience and research, I can make this handy list. You can go for any steam cleaner that matches your personal requirements. Remember all those are best on the recent market. So, it definitely worth every penny you spent.
All the products are perfect for cleaning your mattresses. But if you ask me about my top pick, I will take the PurSteam Handheld Pressurized Steam Cleaner. It has all the quality and gives me the performance I wanted; just exceed the rest of the products by a little margin.
Best Steam Cleaner For Mattress (FAQs)
Is It Safe to Use a Steam Cleaner?
Steam cleaner is completely safe for you, children, mattress, pets, and the environment because it is natural and does not require any chemicals to clean.
Does Steam Cleaning a Mattress Kill Dust Mites?
It is required at least 130 F (54.4 C) to kill dust mites and remove allergens. And you know steam clean produce more heat than that. So, dust mites cannot survive against steam.
Can You Use a Carpet Steam Cleaner on a Mattress?
Yes. You can, as long as you are careful about it. But it is not wise to overuse.
What Is the Average Pressure Created by Steam Cleaners?
Generally, steam cleaners create around 100 to 250 PSI (96.9 to 17.24 BAR).
Are Steam Cleaners Safe for People with Allergies?
Steam cleaning perhaps the best option for allergic people because it does not use any harsh chemicals.
Can I Use Steam Cleaners to Clear Out Bed Bugs?
It is the best chemical-free way to get rid of bed bugs, mites, and bacteria.
Is it true that most cleaning supplies contain chemicals?
There are many cleaning supplies that contain chemicals. It is essential to know the type of chemicals in your products and understand how they may affect you and your family. Some of the harmful chemicals found in cleaning supplies include:
5. Oxalic acid
8. Sodium Hydroxide
Should I use an oil-free steamer to clean my mattress?
Yes, you should use an oil-free steamer to clean your mattress. There are a lot of benefits that come with using an oil-free steamer.
1. It helps prevent mold and mildew from growing on the mattress which is known to cause allergic reactions in some people.
2. It also helps eliminate dust mites and their droppings by killing them with steam.
3. The heat generated by the steamer kills bacteria as well as kills any viruses or other harmful organisms that may be present on the mattress.
4. It is also much healthier to your skin as it helps dry all the oils out of the pores.
5. It is also very easy to clean (and sanitize) the oil-free steamer after you are done.
Are there any other types of cleaners that can be used on my bedding besides just water?
Some other options are vinegar, baking soda, and lemon juice.
Vinegar: This is a great option for bedding because it is not only effective at killing bacteria but also at removing stains.
Baking soda: It is an excellent option for those who have allergies or asthma.
Lemon juice: This can be used to help whiten the sheets and remove any stains on them as well as disinfect them.
How often should I clean my mattress with a steam cleaner, and how do I know when it’s time to replace it?
It is recommended that you clean your mattress with a steam cleaner every 6 months. The best way to know when it’s time to replace it is by checking the thickness of the foam in your mattress. When the foam becomes thinner, it means that there are fewer air pockets and your mattress needs to be replaced.