In the appliance industry, Samsung is among the most well-known brands. Samsung has become a household name, regardless of whether you own a used refrigerator or bought your dream model straight from the showroom.
The most popular feature of this product is the ice maker. Getting instant ice is now easier than ever.
It is important to remember that every refrigerator’s ice maker requires some maintenance from time to time. The purpose of this article is to explain how to remove ice maker from samsung refrigerator.
Samsung Fridge Ice Maker How It Works
- An electromechanical solenoid controls the flow of water to start the cycle. Applied current moves a solenoid, causing the valve to open.
- In about seven seconds, the valve is opened to allow just enough water into the mold to fill it.
- After the mold has been filled, the machine waits for it to freeze. An integrated thermostat measures the water temperature inside the molds. An electrical switch is closed when a particular temperature (9 degrees Fahrenheit) is reached by the thermostat.
- A heating coil beneath the icemaker is powered when this switch is closed. Ice cubes dislodge from the mold after the bottom of the ice mold is heated.
- After this, an electric circuit turns on the motor, which then makes ice. Each cube is connected to the next during the moving process.
- At the front, the blades are pushed through notches, and the ice cubes fall into an underside container.
- In the icemaker, the shut-off arm is lifted up by the cam before the cubes are pushed out. So, the ice maker doesn’t fill up your entire freezer; it will only make more cubes as required.
Why Your Samsung Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Making Ice
- Samsung ice maker is Off: if your Samsung refrigerator ice maker not dumping ice. Then, check the simplest factors first. The ice maker may not function if it’s off. When the ice maker is off, a dark icon will appear on external ice dispensers. You need to click and hold the icon for 3 seconds in order for the ice maker to run. It will turn on both the Ice On icon and the ice maker.
- Insufficient refrigerator water pressure: Water pressure is required to produce ice in an ice maker. You can test your water pressure by dispensing 10 seconds of water into a measuring cup. There may be insufficient pressure if less than 75 percent of a cup of water is dispensed.
- Clogged filter: Samsung refrigerators with clogged filters may not make ice due to low water pressure. In order to prevent clogs, replace the filter every six months. Whenever you change your filter, you should clean your ice maker.
- Frozen water in the line: In some cases, residual water freezes in the supply line. Therefore, the Samsung refrigerator cannot make ice because it is too small or oddly shaped.
How To Remove Ice Maker From Samsung Refrigerator?
How do you remove the ice maker from a Samsung refrigerator? There are only 6 simple steps to follow, that’s it. After that, you will be a master in this field.
Step 1: How To Defrost Samsung Ice Maker
You can manually defrost a Samsung refrigerator to remove the ice. Keep the door open to allow the ice to melt quickly, and disconnect the unit from power. Using this method, ice can be removed from an ice maker.
You can also defrost the refrigerator by using the forced defrost mode. To activate this feature, press Lighting and Freezer together for about 12 seconds.
Eventually, the display will turn black. If you want to force the unit to defrost, press the Lighting button four times. While the unit defrosts, it will beep between 15 and 20 minutes. To remove ice from an ice maker, use this method.
You can quickly thaw the ice with a hairdryer. This method is not recommended since the heat may damage the plastic of the unit.
Step 2: How To Disconnect Ice Maker On Samsung Refrigerator
Turn off the fridge by removing the power plug or trip the breaker if the power source is beyond your reach.
Step 3: How To Remove Ice Bucket From Samsung Refrigerator
Cannot remove ice bucket from Samsung refrigerator? Here’s how you do it. Take out the ice bucket gently by grasping it beneath the opening and raising it slightly. Once the bucket is removed, leave the door of the refrigerator open for several minutes to thaw any remaining ice. In this case, you should avoid using a heat gun or hairdryer since it can damage the plastic and cannot be repaired.
Step 4: How To Remove The Cover From Samsung Ice Maker
The Samsung ice maker cover can be removed by opening the door of the freezer. Using a Phillips screwdriver, unscrew the Philips screw that holds the housing in place. After that, you should apply a little pressure to lift the cover-up of the ice maker. To avoid damage, you should not push or force it too hard.
Step 5: How To Remove An Ice Maker Tray From Samsung Refrigerator
In the absence of an ice maker tray or an ice cube tray on your Samsung refrigerator, you will need to defrost the unit to allow the ice to thaw. There are two ways to defrost it: manually or using the forced mode.
To remove the ice duct tray, remove the Philips screw that holds it in place. To remove the tray, use a flat-blade screwdriver and gently pull it down with your fingers.
For Samsung refrigerator models with cooling coils installed at the bottom, remove the coil to remove the ice maker. With a flat-blade screwdriver, pry the coil down to remove the ice maker. This coil will stay where it is.
It is important to prevent puncturing the coil. You cannot repair the unit if you do this. In addition, make sure that all ice on it has melted before removing it.
Step 6: Separate The Ice Maker From The Fridge
The ice maker can be removed from the coil by pushing down on the top clip of the coil, pushing it forward a bit, and pulling it down. By doing so, the housing can be separated from the ice maker.
If your ice maker has been badly damaged and needs to be replaced, then you will find the best Samsung ice maker here.
How to Reset Samsung Refrigerator Ice Maker
Type 1 – If your model does not have an ice maker or is equipped with two, follow these instructions:
- Find the ice maker: For the Samsung ice maker reset, you should first check the back-left corner and top of the freezer. It depends on your model whether the ice maker has a cover or not. Basically, it looks like a white box hanging from the freezer’s ceiling.
- Press the reset button: In most of the models has a reset button also known as a test switch. Previously, the ice maker has a reset button under the front or at the back. After finding the button, press down on the reset button (you should apply some pressure here) until the ice tray motor starts to torque, and then release.
Type 2 – For models that have a heated tray:
- Find the Ice Bucket: There is an ice bucket up top on the left side of the refrigerator. You should grasp the latch release on the right side of the bucket and squeeze to release it, then pull the bucket out.
- Find the ice maker reset button: The ice maker reset button looks like a rectangular, clear rubber button on the right side of the unit. You must press and hold the reset button for a few seconds.
Type 3 – Refrigerators with bottom-mounted ice makers:
- Determine where the ice maker is located: Inspect the back-left corner and the ceiling of the freezer after you open it. Depending on your model, you may or may not have a cover for your ice maker. Basically, it looks like a white box hanging from the freezer’s ceiling.
- Identify the reset button: A reset button may be located on the front of the machine or under the housing for the motor. It is necessary to hold the reset button until the ice tray motor starts to torque, then release it.
You must wait at least 24 hours: Samsung refrigerator ice makers take up to 24 hours to show results after being reset. Be sure your ice maker is not reset more than once every 24 hours!
- If you have a 2010 or newer model, then you will hear a chime sound when the reset begins.
- For the 2009 or earlier model hold the reset button for 10 seconds before releasing it.
- Make sure the ice bucket is completely reinserted.
How To Fix Samsung Ice Maker
If your Samsung Ice Maker is not producing ice or is making weird noises, then it may be time to take it in for service. Here are the six simple steps that’ll help you get it fixed:
- Make a list of the problems you’re experiencing – Starting by noting down what is going wrong with your machine will save you time and hassle down the line. This will help the technician diagnose and fix the issue more quickly.
- Clean the machine and filter – If you notice a funny smell or see black specks in the water, it may be time to replace your filter. A clogged or dirty machine will not produce good-quality ice. Make sure to clean all of the removable parts, including the filter, reservoir, and water pump.
- Check the water level – Make sure that the water level is correct and calibrated for your machine. If it’s not, then water may be leaking into the machine and causing issues.
- Check for ice buildup – Ice can build up on various parts of your machine over time, causing it to malfunction or produce poor-quality ice. Check for ice buildup on the blades, augers, and hoses.
- Reset your machine – If all else fails, resetting your machine may help to solve the issue. To do this, unplug it and wait five minutes before plugging it back in and trying again.
- Replace parts as needed – If any of these fixes do not work, then it may be time to replace specific parts on your machine. This will help to restore its original function and ensure better quality ice production in the future.
For easy maintenance, it is necessary to know how to remove ice maker from Samsung refrigerator. This easy-to-follow step-by-step instruction on how to remove Samsung ice maker will guide you.
Is it easy to replace an ice maker?
If you are replacing an ice maker, then it is a bit difficult. If the old one has been working for years and suddenly stops working, then yes, it can be replaced by doing some minor repairs on the machine.
If your ice maker is broken or malfunctioning and you want to replace it with a new one, then this would require a complete overhaul of the entire machine which would require professional help.
What is the location of the reset button on a Samsung ice maker?
The reset button is located on the front of the ice maker. The locations of these buttons vary depending on the model but for most models, it is located near the ice bin and can be found by turning off your refrigerator and then looking for a small round red button (usually with an arrow pointing to it).
The next step would be to press this button so that you can reset your ice maker. Make sure that you do not press any other buttons or switches while doing this as they may also cause damage to your refrigerator’s mainboard and/or compressor unit.
Is it possible to repair a Samsung ice maker?
Samsung ice maker is a bit tricky to repair. The first thing you need to do is unplug the unit from the wall and then remove the outer cover. Now disconnect all the wires and set them aside.
If you have the model number of your ice maker, check with your local Samsung service center or call their customer support line for further instructions on how to fix it.
Another option is buying another Samsung ice maker that works just like yours and just replace it with this one since they are exactly the same in every way except for being different models by the manufacturer so if this won’t work, at least you will get some money back from replacing the unit instead of having to buy a new one altogether.
Perry is a certified professional housekeeper and cleaning specialist with over 15 years of experience. She has worked in a variety of settings, including homes, offices, and hospitals. Her focus is on providing thorough, professional cleaning that meets specific needs.