Spin mops are your best assets when it comes to cleaning your dirty floor. They are easy to use and give your floor a proper cleaning. No matter what kind of dirt it is, wet or rigid, spin mops can clean anything.
But do you realize that the mop you are using to clean your floor needs cleaning too? Your mop gets dirty after every time you clean your floor with it. If you don’t wash that dirty mop, it can spread the dirt all-around your house.
You can wash your spin mop head in two specific ways. You can wash your mop manually, which means by hand. On the other hand, you can wash it using a washing machine. Today I will discuss how to wash spin mop head in washing machine.
Not every spin mop is machine washable. First of all, check the manufacturer’s instructions. Be sure you have a machine washable mop head. When you confirm, it is a machine washable spin mop. Then go through the process that is mentioned here. Otherwise, it will ruin your mop if you wash it in a washing machine.
Step 2. Detach Your Spin Mop Head
There are different kinds of spin mops heads. Some spin mop heads are hooked, and some are clipped. So, you have to unhook the hooked one and unclip the clipped one from the stick or the handle. But beware when you are detaching your spin mop head from its body. Don’t make a mistake by separating forcibly as it can damage the spin mop head. You can always get help with it from the manufacturer’s script.
Step 3. The Proper Cycle and Detergent
1.How To Cycle Well
The proper cycle for washing the spin mop head in a washing machine is usually pointed in the manufacturer’s guide. If there is no specific instruction about it, I suggest you use a minimum cycle with a low temperature. Because of a maximum period and high heat can harm your spin mop head. It may cause you a bit of time using a minimum cycle, but you will be delighted to see your spin mop head in one piece.
2.How To Use Homemade Detergent
You will need a detergent too to wash your spin mop head in washing machine. I can give you a fantastic tip for your homemade detergent. Yes, you can indeed make a detergent right now in your home. You will need some necessary ingredients for that such as: –
- A plastic bottle
- Warm water
- Regular dishwashing detergent (Liquid)
- White Vinegar and Baking Soda
Now follow the steps given below
- Take a plastic bottle and fill it half with some warm water.
- Pour 3-4 teaspoons of regular dishwashing detergent in the warm water.
- Pour one teaspoon of white vinegar and one teaspoon of baking soda.
- Now jerk the bottle well to make a perfect solution.
Time to Wash in Washing Machine
Now take your spin mop head to the washing machine. It is better not to wash other clothes along with the mop. Otherwise, it may cause harm to your mop. Now use your homemade detergent on the mop and set the temperature in mild heat. Try to wash it a couple of times to get a better result.
Step 4. Dry It Up
Once you are done with the washing machine, take the clean mop to dry immediately. The wet mop can generate bacteria and other germs. So, it is better to dry it quickly after the wash. You can dry it in 3 ways:
- You can hang it on the roof or in the balcony. The sunlight will kill the remaining germs and bacteria. And it will dry very fast. But beware of the rain as it can make the mop wet again.
- You can use a hairdryer. It is a very efficient way to dry your head.
- You can dry your mop head in your room too. Just hang it on a rope and make sure there is enough air in the room. You can switch on the fan to dry the mop.
Benefits Of Using A Washing Machine
There are some guaranteed benefits if you use a washing machine to wash your spin mop head. Here are some spectacular benefits when you use a washing machine:
- Effectiveness: A machine always works better than a human. There is a maximum chance of getting a germ-free clean mop if you use a washing machine. A washing machine can reach all the parts of the mop much easily. It can kill a maximum number of germs and bacteria when you use a washing machine.
- Saves Time: A washing machine can wash faster than your hands. It saves a lot of time when you wash the mop in a washing machine.
- Saves Money: You don’t need to throw away your mop no matter how dirty it gets. Just throw it in the washing machine. You will get back your mop just as you brought it from the mall. You won’t have to buy a new one.
- Wash Away the Smell: When you use the washing machine, it not only cleans but also washes the smell away. So, you get a fresh mop after the wash.
Some Necessary Tips: How to Wash Spin Mop Head in Washing Machine
Well, as now you know how to wash the spin mop head in the washing machine, I will like to provide you with some excellent tips to use. These tips will help you to get a more successful clean of your spin mop head. The tips are:
- Remove Stickers or Other Elements of the Mop: Check if sticky things are attached to the mop like chewing gum or stickers. Removing stuff like these off your mop will save your mop from damage in the washing machine.
- The Temperature of the Washing Machine: It is better if you keep the heat of the machine at 140 degrees F. Still, you can increase it up to 180 degrees F. Though most the manufacturers suggest a temperature of 140 degrees F for the microfiber mops, but I found it quite useful to use a temperature of 180 degrees F.
- Try to Avoid Bleach: Don’t be a fool by using bleach on the microfiber mops. Bleach can harm the quality of your microfiber mops. It can destroy your mops. Tough a lot of people use bleach on the microfiber mops, I would suggest not using bleach. The bleach will reduce the life span of your mops surely.
- Baking Soda: Make sure that there is some baking soda in your detergent. Because baking soda washes the lousy smell away, and you get a fantastic fresh scent out of your mop.
- Wring Before Dry: Once you are sure that the mop is clean, take it out of the machine. Wring it with your hands as much as possible. Try to get the whole water out of the mop by wringing it. It will reduce the chance of the mop to generate germs and other bacteria.
- Use Some other Microfiber Clothes: It is better not to wash other clothes along with the microfiber mop. But there is a chance of your mop to jump in the washing machine, which can damage it. So, try to put some other microfiber cloths along with spin mop head.
- Keep it in a Dry Place: After the drying is complete, make sure that the clean mop is now in a clean and dry place. Otherwise, it will get dirty once again, and all of your efforts will go in vain.
Best Washing Machine for Home Use: Giantex Portable Mini Compact Twin Tub Washing Machine
Best Portable Washing Machine for Home Use: KUPPET Compact Twin Tub Portable Mini Washing Machine
Spin mop heads serve you better than anything else. It is used in offices, houses, restaurants, schools and many other places. So, it is a must to keep the mops clean every time. And it is better to clean it immediately after use. But a lot of people fail to keep their houses clean as they don’t know how to wash spin mop head in washing machine correctly. So read the steps once again carefully if you want a healthy environment around you.